[Clam-devel] Re: adding the documents to the scheme of SilenceDetector

JunJun wangjun at dsp.ac.cn
Thu May 29 19:17:52 PDT 2008

Hi!

>BTW, you may end up editing files in CLAM/src so it's better if you generate
>the patches from an upper level to comprise all the repository.

no, I edited files in mingw/local/include/CLAM, which have no svn function, what to do?  The changes there, however, are all for the native debug and are meaningless to patch them.

I 'd like to add a TODO to the session list. Please check it out-

TODO: fix one of the pool's inconsistent states- Given a schema, what should pool do with no added scope instances?
   * Given a description scheme, and given a user-defined descriptors file suffix (.detector), an empty pool should be dumped.
      e.g. given the schema of SilenceDetector:
           <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
           <Schema>
             <Uri>descriptionScheme:www.iua.upf.edu:clam:JunJunSilenceDetector</Uri>
             <Attributes>
               <Attribute name="Silences" scope="Song" type="Segmentation">
                     <ChildScope></ChildScope>
                    <SegmentationPolicy>Discontinuous</SegmentationPolicy>
              </Attribute>
            </Attributes>
          </Schema>

the empty pool named "x.mp3.detector" would be like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<DescriptorsPool>
  <ScopePool name="Song" size="1">
    <AttributePool name="Silence" size="0"/>
  </ScopePool>
</DescriptorsPool>

One problem is, how to initiate the size of the TBD AttributePool  , size="0"? size="1"?