[Clam-devel] Re: adding the documents to the scheme of SilenceDetector

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri May 30 01:22:29 PDT 2008

Be careful when merging. You almost reverted the changes i did: changing the
uri before adding any attribute and using literals to set the documentation
instead intermediate vars.

El Friday 30 May 2008 04:17:52 JunJun va escriure:
> Hi!
>
> >BTW, you may end up editing files in CLAM/src so it's better if you
> > generate the patches from an upper level to comprise all the repository.
>
> no, I edited files in mingw/local/include/CLAM, which have no svn function,
> what to do?  The changes there, however, are all for the native debug and
> are meaningless to patch them.

Anyway do the patches from the bottom of the clam repository. Still you can
restrict the changes included in the path specifying the files or directories
on the command line, for example:

svn di Annotator/src CLAM/src/data/Description/Pool/Schema.hxx > my.patch

The important bit is that you get the full path within the repository on the
patch.

> I 'd like to add a TODO to the session list. Please check it out-

Although i am adding thing  to the TODO's, it is you tool so feel free to use
it.

> TODO: fix one of the pool's inconsistent states- Given a schema, what
> should pool do with no added scope instances? * Given a description scheme,
> and given a user-defined descriptors file suffix (.detector), an empty pool
> should be dumped. e.g. given the schema of SilenceDetector:
>            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>            <Schema>
>
> <Uri>descriptionScheme:www.iua.upf.edu:clam:JunJunSilenceDetector</Uri>
> <Attributes>
>                <Attribute name="Silences" scope="Song" type="Segmentation">
>                      <ChildScope></ChildScope>
>                     <SegmentationPolicy>Discontinuous</SegmentationPolicy>
>               </Attribute>
>             </Attributes>
>           </Schema>
>
> the empty pool named "x.mp3.detector" would be like:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <DescriptorsPool>
>   <ScopePool name="Song" size="1">
>     <AttributePool name="Silence" size="0"/>
>   </ScopePool>
> </DescriptorsPool>
>
> One problem is, how to initiate the size of the TBD AttributePool  ,
> size="0"? size="1"?

I guess that the size attribute of the AttributePool refers the size of the
one and only segmentation. You can add segmentations and it will increase.
But you spotted another 'bug', congratulations! If you had two songs, as the
Attribute pool can have just a single size attribute, just the last one would
survive. So we need an inner XML element for each segmentation. 'Gladly' we
have used segmentations just on the song level and normally Song is a
singleton scope, so we can keep it like this by now but write down the bug on
the TODO's.

I added some steps to spot even more irregularities.

David.