[Clam-devel] Addressing foreign text encodings: a call for testing

JunJun wangjun at dsp.ac.cn
Mon Jul 7 00:11:43 PDT 2008

- Recompile the last svn revision of the NetworkEditor
   QTDIR=D:/qt/4.3.3/ scons clam_prefix=d:/mingw/local prefix=d:/mingw/local external_dll_path=d:/mingw/local/bin
  An unexpected error is showed: "can not locate the program input point _ZN4...SsEE on the clam_core.dll"
  I just fix it by copy the NetworkEditor.exe and paste to the path of /mingw/local/lib

- Open it and drop a MonoAudioFileReader into the canvas
- Configure it to take a file which has some special characters in your
language
  ../朋克punk.wav
- If the processing is still in red after clicking ok, you got the bug, report
  It's not in red after clicking "ok".
- Open the configuration dialog again if the special symbol is being displayed
wrongly, report
  It displays just fine.
- Accept the configuration again, if now red, report
  Still no problem.
- Save the network and load it again, if now red, report
  When I load it again, the NetworkEditor crashes!!
- Configure the processing, if the symbol now looks bad, report
  TBD...
- In any case, send me the network file so i can check the file encoding. If
you open it with an encoding aware editor, the symbols should look well in
utf8 mode.
  No, I think it doesn't look well in utf8 mode.