[Clam-devel] Re: A YES/NO question about the capability of the synthesizer & validity of the score

Han, Yushen yushen.han at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 14:35:25 PDT 2008

Pau and Greg,

I was talking to my professor who was an oboe player.
He suggested that a new note should be identified explicitly in the score.
This is because the length of the pipe in an oboe is changing as a new
note is attacking.
The musician made an explicit effort at the moment this transition.

I am thinking of having explicit information over frames in the score:
MIDI frequency brightness

In case that the music is driven by an instrument that does not given
pitch explicitly or the program is taking input from the
pitch-tracking of an audio, the program should be able to make a
decision on the fly.

Does this make sense to you?

Best regards,
Han, Yushen