TypedControls branch? was Re: [Clam-devel] Bug solved for deleting Out In Ports and Out In Controls

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Jul 17 12:03:16 PDT 2008

Don't do that, please. :-) Branches are like hell. Just keeping the branch up
to date has a lot of problems. It is hard to guess which differences are
because branch modifications and which ones because trunk evolution and
moreover, which branch modifications from the branch point are unique and
which ones are just merges from the trunk. Believe, you don't want that.
Maybe using bazar, but svn doesn't cope with that gently. The merge is also a
hard process. Are you sure, ok, so then proceed.

Needing branches are a symptom we are dealing with that project not in a
proper way. First **those patches should have been sent to the list**. Even
if they are not compiling, we could patch our sandboxes and see what is not
compiling and helping. Any changes concerning new classes should be commited
just to keep the delta as small as possible. The patches should contain just
horizontal modifications on updated old files.

So, please, send the patches to the list and explain the issues you have with
the code in front of us.

BTW: Jun and Pawell are waiting for commit access for 3 weeks, Pau, if you get
it for Francisco in one day you are fuzzing lucky :-)