[Clam-devel] Patch: Processing Tree search bar

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jul 23 13:29:13 PDT 2008

El Wednesday 23 July 2008 20:27:44 Pau Arumí va escriure:
> I was initially dubitative about this feature (because in terms of
> features sometimes less is more). But after trying it I love it!

> Now we should hear David opinion, maybe he had another plan in mind for
> the processing tree. Since some days have passed from the patch, I
> propose to do commit, making it easy to everybody to experience it.
> And if found necessary, roll it back.

My opinion? I asked for it!! Commit! :-)

> There is a related feature that we discussed (with David) some time ago.
> We'd like to have richer (html) documentation for each processing,
> explaining, for example, what the algorithm does, its ports, etc.
>
> Of course these is no appropriate for the current tooltip. We could have
> a separate panel so that when you click to a processing, the panel
> updates with the proper information.
> I think that one option could be using a part of the processing tree
> panel. What do you think about it?

I think that toolbars let you do very crazy things. You can add it as toolbar
in a given place and user may move it around the place they like. No need to
share a widget.

The only question is to find a smart way of communicating the canvas and such
a widget. We are adding a lot of adhoc functionality that is turning the Jack
canvas further.

About which information to display, why not starting to use the QWebKit
module? We can either put that information on the wiki or use the new doxygen
to qthelp converter.

In any case, shouldn't we concentrate on making advances with subnetworks?

David.