[Clam-devel] Patch: Processing Tree search bar

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 13:55:27 PDT 2008

El 07/23/2008 03:27 PM, Pau Arumí escribió:
> I was initially dubitative about this feature (because in terms of
> features sometimes less is more). But after trying it I love it!
>
> Now we should hear David opinion, maybe he had another plan in mind for
> the processing tree. Since some days have passed from the patch, I
> propose to do commit, making it easy to everybody to experience it.
> And if found necessary, roll it back.

OK. BTW, it could be improved a lot. It just search on the used names
(=keys=class names), and I think it could be good to search within other
factory processing attributes and, for instance, what you propose about
further documentation (that would need some options to search). But also
I think that this first implementation serves to test the interface, and
is still useful. :)

> There is a related feature that we discussed (with David) some time ago.
> We'd like to have richer (html) documentation for each processing,
> explaining, for example, what the algorithm does, its ports, etc.
>
> Of course these is no appropriate for the current tooltip. We could have
> a separate panel so that when you click to a processing, the panel
> updates with the proper information.
> I think that one option could be using a part of the processing tree
> panel. What do you think about it?

I think is a very nice idea. After the canvas refactoring tests (what is
taking me a lot of time... :-/) I'll see that.

BTW, in my next mail some questions about that....

Regards,
Natanael.