[Clam-devel] 1.3 release?

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:37:16 PDT 2008

El 08/01/2008 01:35 PM, David García Garzón escribió:
> I just bumped the version in CHANGES to 1.3, and also changed the way of
> computing the library soname in linux so it takes also the minor version.
> [...]
>
> El Friday 01 August 2008 13:35:04 David García Garzón va escriure:
>
>> I was thinking on proposing it. Those changes you mention are very likely
>> to introduce new bugs or turning the framework unstable for a while and,
>> yes is worth to do a release before that. I think i can get it done next
>> week with some little help of the GSoC students, Hernan and the scripts.
>>
>> Let me this weekend to propose a release plan. i would like to ask GSoC
>> students just to have their work in a minimum release status, so please
>> send it current status and release goals, answering this thread. Some
>> concrete comments:
>> [...]
>> - Natanael, is faust releasable? are the flags to include them or not the
>> proper ones?
Now MainWindow checks for USE_LADSPA as flag for Faust support (since
Faust code is compiled as LADSPA plugins). Do you want to add a specific
USE_FAUST too?

About the local path for compile the plugins are  '~/.faust/examples' or
'$CLAM_FAUST_PATH/examples'. Needs the original faust examples
Makefiles. So I'll add a check for Makefile and the faust binary on path.

>> Could you do some wiki walk through on network editor features
>> we could link for the release announcement? It would be nice if you
>> concentrate on stabilizing current features.

OK.

>> - To all: We should update the CHANGES files of the packages we modified.
>> Feel free to edit them. Keep in mind that, as opposite to commit logs which
>> are addressed to CLAM developers, the CHANGES files are addressed to users.
>> Users of CLAM lib are developers using CLAM. But users of the applications
>> (NetworkEditor...) are just final users. So write down the changes that are
>> relevant to each audience.

I was going to ask if we put the changes on the 1.2.1 version or
directly on 1.3, but as I see Pau already changed NetworkEditor/CHANGES,
so I guess the answer. :)

Regards,
Natanael.