[Clam-devel] 1.3 release?

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri Aug 1 15:29:43 PDT 2008

> >> - Natanael, is faust releasable? are the flags to include them or not
> >> the proper ones?
>
> Now MainWindow checks for USE_LADSPA as flag for Faust support (since
> Faust code is compiled as LADSPA plugins). Do you want to add a specific
> USE_FAUST too?

It depends. The USE_XXXX macros are 'configure' flags that are set normally to
disable parts that depends on compilation time on a given library the user
may not have installed.

Do i need any library to have faust dependant code compiling? Is it Ladspa,
then perfect. Do you need additional libraries installed? then we should add
a flag, configuration code and debian build dependencies. Do we need some
library but not on compilation but at run time, then let's do the checks on
run-time on the availability of such elements, and change debian dependencies
or recommends.

> About the local path for compile the plugins are  '~/.faust/examples' or
> '$CLAM_FAUST_PATH/examples'. Needs the original faust examples
> Makefiles. So I'll add a check for Makefile and the faust binary on path.

I don't fully understand the point here. But yes, run-time checks are ok and
let move dependencies from 'requires' to 'recommends' or 'suggest'.

> >> Could you do some wiki walk through on network editor features
> >> we could link for the release announcement? It would be nice if you
> >> concentrate on stabilizing current features.
>
> OK.
>
> >> - To all: We should update the CHANGES files of the packages we
> >> modified. Feel free to edit them. Keep in mind that, as opposite to
> >> commit logs which are addressed to CLAM developers, the CHANGES files
> >> are addressed to users. Users of CLAM lib are developers using CLAM. But
> >> users of the applications (NetworkEditor...) are just final users. So
> >> write down the changes that are relevant to each audience.
>
> I was going to ask if we put the changes on the 1.2.1 version or
> directly on 1.3, but as I see Pau already changed NetworkEditor/CHANGES,
> so I guess the answer. :)

Yep :-)