[Clam-devel] Re: OSC in CLAM

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Mon Aug 4 01:43:41 PDT 2008

On dg, 2008-08-03 at 19:58 -0400, Han, Yushen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the merged plugin - RealtimeSMSSynthesizer
>
> I tried to create a patch by the way described in devel
> "Change dir to the root of your svn tree (the directory containing
> CLAM/ and NetworkEditor/, etc.) and do
> $ svn diff > good-description.patch"
>
> However, it worked only for my modification on CLAM system files but
> not for this new plugin.
> So I send this 960KB patch in a .tar file that contains all the code
> plus test scores (under TestScores).
> Is there a better way to send a patch of a new plugin?

Yes, sending a .tar with 147(!) files is definitely not the way :-) (see
attached the list of files contained in the .tar file)

The idea is propose specific (and preferable small) changes to the
repository by means of patches.

You should be working in either
CLAM/plugins/continuousExcitationSynthesizer
or CLAM/plugins/temporal_oboeSynthesizer
but not a third directory!
The first is the "final" dir and the second is a testbed temporal dir.

If you want to rename dirs, send proposals to the list.

About adding new files to a patch:

1. do svn add newfile (being in a svn directory)
2. prepare the patch normally. The new file will be included
3. some commiter apply the patch
4. you update the repo: "svn up". BUT BE AWARE of new added files. They
will conflict when doing the svn up. So *before* doing svn up, do "svn
rm newfile".
5. if 4. fails, apply brute force: move the directory with the new file
(say, temporal_oboeSynthesizer) out of the svn tree. And do svn up.

So let's try to produce proper patches.
Thanks,