[Clam-devel] TYPEDCONTROLS REFACTORING: Opinions about actual controls compatibility

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Fri Aug 8 15:53:31 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Francisco Tufró <nictuku at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the first may be a good solution.
>
> Another problem that i see in code is that Get*Control(s) is used in this
> way:
>
> InControl& control = proc.GetInControl("Some Control 1")
>
> We'll have to rewrite all these case by case, watching carefully why this is
> done and what to do with each case.
> Simply run grep -R * -e "GetInControl" | grep -v svn | grep -v "Binary"  to
> see this, in the network editor source tree
> For example:
> NetworkCanvas.hxx:        CLAM::InControl& inControl =
> processing->GetInControls().GetByNumber(index);

I think you should point the problems you found with more context (and
as i told you before, make a detailed list of them), I think many
cases could be still valid using a BaseControl instead of InControl
since the required interface is enough. In the file you pointed,
NetworkCanvas.hxx, i found that uses are related with bounds, so if we
implement the float-specific services that pau mentioned maybe could
solve those situations easily, but i think to make good decisions we
need an overall view of all the problems you faced with the migration
first (that's why the list). In other words, if those are the only
problems (bound related), maybe "1." has still more sense.

Hernán
http://h.ordia.com.ar
GnuPG: 0xEE8A3FE9