[Clam-devel] TYPEDCONTROLS REFACTORING: Opinions about actual controls compatibility

Francisco Tufró nictuku at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 20:50:58 PDT 2008

These are the patchs i did for the migraton.
They're splitted by application.
Annotator, Voice2MIDI and SMSTools needed changes that could be done without
the final migration, (basically GetInControls issue instances) so i commited
these.
Here i put some info we have to discuss:
CLAM:
 - Problem with publishers. I think they're related with upcasting. (The
SendControl is accessing the DoControl from TypedInControl<float> instead of
the DoControl from InControlPublisher, and so..
These tests were commented in order to pass the tests:
    · testInControlPublisher
    · testOutControlPublisher
    · testInControlPublisher_ConnectControlsFromPublisher

Turnaround:
The problem of GetInControl in CLAM::Processing is repeated in the
GetControlByName from CLAM::Network, should we add another function to
handle this (like SendFloatToControl) or just review the code (maybe an
oppinion from Pawel is needed here)? (src/Turnaround.cxx:244)
I didn't do a patch of this since i don't know exactly what to do with it.

This is all by now.
Need feedback :)