[Clam-devel] CLAM & Eclipse on OS X

Amichi Amar ami.amar at mat.ucsb.edu
Sat Feb 7 23:45:43 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to get an eclipse project set up to compile CLAM and I'm
having trouble. I'm using eclipse 3.4.1

I have all the appropriate dependencies installed including the SCons
plugin for eclipse. My scons installation is from macports and sits
under /opt/local. I've updated the appropriate fields in the SCons
configuration panel of the eclipse preferences.

In eclipse I create a new C++ makefile project (empty project) and set
the location to where I have CLAM unpacked. Then I convert the project
to SCons project. When I try to 'build all' I get the output that is
below.

If I try to build CLAM using Scons from the terminal (scons configure,
scons, etc) everything works just fine. And I get very different
output than the output below. Only through eclipse things go wrong.

Has anyone encountered this already?

Cheers,

Amichi

Console output in eclipse:
--------------------------

/opt/local/bin/scons -u platform=default configuration=release
with_jack=no .
scons: Entering directory `/Users/amichi/Code/CLAM/CLAM-1.3.0'
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
host='darwin'
platform='darwin'
configuration='release'

prepared directory '.'

scons: warning: The env.Copy() method is deprecated; use the
env.Clone() method instead.
File "/Users/amichi/Code/CLAM/CLAM-1.3.0/SConstruct", line 454, in
prepareEnvironment
prepared directory 'artwork'
prepared directory 'debian'
prepared directory 'deprecated'
prepared target    'libdeprecated.dylib'
prepared directory 'deprecated/Base'
prepared target    'libBase.dylib'
prepared directory 'deprecated/Util'
prepared target    'libUtil.dylib'
prepared directory 'deprecated/View'
prepared target    'libView.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples'
prepared target    'libexamples.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/ConfiguratorExample'
prepared target    'libConfiguratorExample.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/ControlArrayExamples'
prepared target    'libControlArrayExamples.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/FormantTracking'
prepared directory 'examples/FormantTracking/DownSampling'
prepared target    'libDownSampling.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/FormantTracking/FormantExtractor'
prepared target    'libFormantExtractor.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/FormantTracking/FormantTracker'
prepared target    'libFormantTracker.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/FormantTracking/LPC'
prepared target    'libLPC.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/FormantTracking/MDP'
prepared target    'libMDP.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/FormantTracking/TDFilterGenerator'
prepared target    'libTDFilterGenerator.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/loopMaker'
prepared target    'libloopMaker.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/PluginExamples'
prepared directory 'examples/PluginExamples/ClamLadspaPluginExample'
prepared target    'libClamLadspaPluginExample.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/PluginExamples/ClamNativePluginExample'
prepared target    'libClamNativePluginExample.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/PluginExamples/LadspaOSCRemoteController'
prepared target    'libLadspaOSCRemoteController.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/PortsAndControlsUsageExample'
prepared target    'libPortsAndControlsUsageExample.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/SDIF2Wav'
prepared target    'libSDIF2Wav.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/SDIF2WavStreaming'
prepared target    'libSDIF2WavStreaming.dylib'
prepared directory 'examples/SDIFToWavStreaming'

scons: *** Multiple ways to build the same target were specified for:
examples/SDIFToWavStreaming/.build/darwin/release/
SDIF2WavStreaming.os  (from ['examples/SDIFToWavStreaming/
SDIF2WavStreaming.c'] and from ['examples/SDIFToWavStreaming/
SDIF2WavStreaming.cxx'])
File "/Users/amichi/Code/CLAM/CLAM-1.3.0/SConstruct", line 565, in
prepareTargets