[Clam-devel] boost and clam

Dirk Griffioen dirk.griffioen at barcelonamedia.org
Mon May 18 02:19:02 PDT 2009

Hi,

First just a note: the foreach macro looks really nice, however 'typeof'
is not standard c++ (although the new standard will have it :)

Regarding the boost style, you can approach this in 2 ways I think:
- just use it and write own code in your own style, this is already done
with STL

        class AudioSink : public Processing
        {
        public:
                typedef *std::vector*<Port> Ports;

- adapt to the boost/stl ('standard' :) naming convention, but
retrofitting it to the codebase would be a very rigid approach

Thirdly,  I do not know what 'clean c++' is ... but a shared pointer is
not a boost thing, it's in my opinion the greatest thing since bread and
butter because it relieves the coder from his own new/delete discipline
(and garbage collectors are unnecessary too).

I do agree the std::auto_ptr is not usable for it's strict ownership
semantics, but a boost::shared_ptr has no such limits.

Best, Dirk