dirk.griffioen at barcelonamedia.org
Mon May 25 09:29:40 PDT 2009
I know there is a coding guideline and discussing style is very
dangerous :), but if I may, I would like to share some thoughts on what
I read; the following line is from the OfflineNetworkPlayer.cxx file.
=infiles.end();it++) delete *it;
- please dont type everything as if it was one big word, use proper
spacing like when writing text: source is meant to be read by humans
(computers dont read)
- please type ++i instead of i++: http://www.parashift.com/c
- please dont put multiple statements on 1 line (return or delete after
if for instance): debuggers cant set breakpoints
- use typedefs, its shorter, more clear as it expresses what you're
doing and localizes the 'type', when you change it, you only need to
change one place
for(SndFileHandles::iterator it = infiles.begin(); it !=
- please note: with the use of smartpointers, this whole line becomes
obsolete as they and their resources are destructed when the vector is
- please do not indent in namespaces: c++ is not java or c#
What is the lists opinion?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the clam-devel