[Clam-devel] osc multicast

dirk.griffioen dirk.griffioen at barcelonamedia.org
Tue Jun 9 04:42:41 PDT 2009

Hi,

For a certain scene we need to have multiple networks listen to one OSC
sender (aka blender).

This should be done without changing the osc message or having to share
the osc singleton over multiple processes (if at all possible) or adding
a layer in between.

So we explored the multicast option in liblo: each server registers it's
own handlers and listens on a multicast address, one client (blender)
sends all messages to that multicast address - servers (the networks)
only react on messages they are interested in.

Attached the code
- server0/1.c
- client.c
- a sconstruct

NB - you need liblo-2.6 (the latest) for this to link.

Dirk