[Clam-devel] License check report

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Wed Feb 25 11:42:27 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 4:37 PM, David García Garzón
<dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 February 2009 16:58:26 Hernán Ordiales wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM, David García Garzón
>>
>> <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
>> > Context: debian requirement to sumarize all the copyright information in
>> > a single file for the package.
>> >
>> > After passing out licensecheck command, the found licenses are:
>> >
>> > GPLv2 but originally LGPL:
>> > ./CLAM/deprecated/extended.cxx
>> > - I removed them since they were in deprecated and not used.
>> >
>> > GPLv2 but not later:
>> > ./CLAM/plugins/GuitarEffects/ZynDistortion/ZynDistortion.cxx
>> > ./CLAM/plugins/GuitarEffects/ZynDistortion/ZynDistortion.hxx
>> > - Code comes from zynaddsubfx
>> >
>> > MIT:
>> > ./CLAM/plugins/MIDI/RtMidi.cxx
>> > ./CLAM/plugins/MIDI/RtMidi.hxx
>> > ./CLAM/src/Tools/AudioIO/RtAudio/RtAudio.cxx
>> > ./CLAM/src/Tools/AudioIO/RtAudio/RtAudio.hxx
>> > - They are adapted scavone's examples. RtAudio have wrongly included the
>> > UPF license besides scavone's one.
>>
>> i think these Rt(MIDI/Audio) files are the libraries by itself, not
>> examples
>
> My question is: are we still using those RtAudio and RtMidi stuff?

not sure about RtAudio, but we're using RtMidi for all the MIDI plugins stuff

> Also, can we do anything about ZynDistortion? GPLv3 is a futurible although it
> just taints the plugin.

there is no true copy&paste from entire ZynAddSubFx files i just took
the math formulae from distortions and adapted to clam c++ style, so
maybe is ok to update the license as we want, don't? (keeping the
references of course)

--
Hernán
http://h.ordia.com.ar