[Clam-devel] License check report

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Feb 25 18:00:07 PST 2009

A Dimecres 25 Febrer 2009 20:42:27, Hernán Ordiales va escriure:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 4:37 PM, David García Garzón
>
> <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 February 2009 16:58:26 Hernán Ordiales wrote:

> >> i think these Rt(MIDI/Audio) files are the libraries by itself, not
> >> examples
> >
> > My question is: are we still using those RtAudio and RtMidi stuff?
>
> not sure about RtAudio, but we're using RtMidi for all the MIDI plugins
> stuff

Being MIT we just need to acknoledge and keep the license which is not a major
problem.

> > Also, can we do anything about ZynDistortion? GPLv3 is a futurible
> > although it just taints the plugin.
>
> there is no true copy&paste from entire ZynAddSubFx files i just took
> the math formulae from distortions and adapted to clam c++ style, so
> maybe is ok to update the license as we want, don't? (keeping the
> references of course)

I think a 'reference' would be ok if you just took the formula and
reimplemented it but if you mean by 'formula' the implementation of the
formula (so you wrapped the 'formula' code with a clam object) then i guess is
a derivative work.