[Clam-devel] Editing the SoC ideas of the Annotator parts

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Tue Mar 17 08:54:59 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 17 March 2009 15:56:07 Jun Jun wrote:
> Just hurry through the SoC ideas of the Annotator parts including
> "Annotation Merger", "Web services based extractor" and "Pool based web
> services". I didn't notice that the notification date of the application is
> em...tomorrow. Sorry for that.

My fault, not yours. I was the one to edit those entries. That's why I asked
you the details. But if you want to edit them, it is perfect. In any case I
will give it a final review this evening.

> About the "Configuration parameters for
> extractors" part, I'm confused about the meaning of "configuration". Does
> it mean 1)the configuration for extractors, such as path/schema
> files/output files/suffix etc., or 2)the parameter configuration for the
> extractors' internal algorithms, for example: for FFT, the length of the
> analysing window size, the hop size, etc.
> Tools like Marsyas and jAudio
> seem providing a GUI for configuring parameters as "2)". I used to meet the
> "2)" problem while trying to implement the "Detrended Fluctuation Analysis"
> algorithm for annotator.

Yes, it is about 2. I am unsure on how to implement that. I guess that
similarly to descriptors: extractors provide an schema and a data format for
configuration and the application conforms a GUI to adapt to such schema.

David.