[Clam-devel] re: refactoring backends (2)

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Tue Jun 9 03:16:50 PDT 2009

A Dimarts, 9 de juny de 2009 10:09:17, dirk.griffioen va escriure:
> > But, of course, if this implies a change in the user code, in something
> > that is as ubiquitous as CLAM_ASSERT, that's not a solution unless it
> > pays the price.
>
> What if I rename ENFORCE to CLAM_ASSERT_MSG?
>
> You get lines like:
>
> 	CLAM_ASSERT_MSG(jack_client_close(jackClient) == 0) ("JACK_ERROR: cannot
> close client");

It would be a nice addition. I would prefer the insertion operator than the
call operator. This way we can easily turn regular traces into assertions.

> Or should there be a tighter fit to the current CLAM_ASSERT?

I guess that the behaviour regarding aborting, throwing, callbacks... should
be the same of the CLAM_ASSERT just to keep consistency on the handling.

Maybe that is not the behaviour you want for the network players. In those
case we should create a diagnosis protocol for the backends: typed exceptions,
diagnosis methods or return values, whatever it fits the better in the usage.

> (For the record, I am not proposing to redo all, just start small by using
> this where applicable).

Perfect then.

(Work) dgarcia at iua dot upf anotherdot edu