[Clam-devel] Triple configuration -> just double
David García Garzón
david.garcia at upf.edu
Tue Jan 12 08:12:13 PST 2010
Talking with Nael we got a solution for the triple configuration on loading a
network. Now it is done just twice or once if you don't default configure the
processing on the constructor (recomended just for heavy configurations).
Triple one was like this:
* Most processings default construct with a default configuration.
* When xml loading a processing, the processing xml adapter loads the
configuration and configures it.
* The network reconfigures the processing after adding it a backlink to the
network, because some processings needs the network to get some global
Now Double goes like this:
* Most processings default construct with a default configuration. (Yes,
still, if your default configuration is heavy just don't call Configure() from
* When the processing adapter is loaded, the configuration is kept in the
adapter but not used to configure the processing.
* After adding the backlink, the network uses the configuration in the adapter
to configure the processing.
So 2+1 -> 1+1 (and you can avoid the +1 for heavy configurations)
Still ladspa loading of networks is something to be enhanced.
More information about the clam-devel