[Clam-devel] a new release?

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 23:13:52 PST 2010

hi folks,

I know this is a developer list, and well, I'm not a developer, but I do
lurk here watching the development of CLAM. Lots of exciting things seem to
have gone into the Network Editor, but actually, to the public eye, there
has been no new release since August 12, 2008, when 1.3.0 came out. Don't
get me wrong, I understand open-source projects mostly work by the "it'll
come when its ready" philosophy. I also know that one could get source at
any time to try out new developments. That being said, I do think
significant milestone releases have an important role to play, even if only
symbolic. You know - generate buzz, spur repositories to update, generate a
broader user base, maybe encourage some new developers to come on board!

So I'm just wondering, is the long-time-coming 1.4 release any closer?
Perhaps you're so busy having fun developing that the release has been
de-prioritized? Perhaps I just got spoiled by the short time frames between
releases leading up to 1.3.  Basically, I'm just curious to know what's
happening with CLAM as a public release?

all the best

Michael N