[clam-devel] Linking external libraries in CLAM

Rahul Rajan rahul.rajan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:37:49 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to use the Festival text-to-speech library in my CLAM-based
project. I am not sure how to include the required libraries in the
SConstruct file. I modified this line in the provided SConstruct file

programs = [ env.Program(target=program, source = [main] + sources)
    for program, main in mainSources.items()]

to,

programs = [ env.Program(target=program, source = [main] + sources,
LIBS=['Festival', 'estools', 'estbase', 'eststring'], LIBPATH=['/usr/lib',
'/usr/local/lib'])
    for program, main in mainSources.items()]

But this changes the compile command to:
g++ -o MyProgram main.o -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lFestival -lestools
-lestbase -leststring

and doesn't do this anymore,
g++ -o MyProgram main.o Channelizer.o -L/usr/local/lib -lQtGui -lQtCore
-lclam_audioio -lclam_processing -lclam_core

I would really appreciate any advice on how I shoild modify the SConstruct
file to include the external libraries.

Thanks!
Rahul