[CLAM] Compiling CLAM under Mac OS X

Maarten de Boer mdeboer at iua.upf.es
Thu Jul 24 11:52:01 PDT 2003

Hi Francois,

I see you are not subscribed to this list.. I think it would be
a good idea I you would.

I put a tarball for you to download that contains compiled versions
of fltk, fftw and xercesc-1.7.0 at our ftp server

ftp://www.iua.upf.es/pub/mdeboer/CLAM-external-libs-mac.tgz

Just unpack these in the same directory as where you keep CLAM, and
the configure script should find them (you might want to remove your
system-wide installation, especially of fftw, but maybe also fltk,
this way we know for sure that we are working with the same stuff)
You will have to tell the linker abou the paths of the shared libraries.
On Linux this is done with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH env.variable - this is
mentioned in the docs. On MacOSX it is called DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH if I
remember correctly.

Tomorrow I will go through the compilation procedure again of these
libraries, and send you a detailed explaination.

Maarten