[CLAM] CLAM en Linux Suse 8.2

Miguel Ramírez Jávega mramirez at iua.upf.es
Mon Oct 6 00:57:04 PDT 2003

Hi Ismael,

>checking for gcc... gcc
>checking for C compiler default output... a.out
>checking whether the C compiler works... yes
>checking whether we are cross compiling... no
>checking for suffix of executables...
>checking for suffix of object files... o
>checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
>checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
>checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
>checking for fftw headers; looking relative to CLAM... no
>checking for fftw headers; looking in standard locations...... yes
>checking for fftw library...... configure: error:
>The test program did not compile or link. Check your config.log for
>details.
>
>Adjunto el archivo config.log
>Lo he estado mirando y lo que he visto es que no reconoce la opción -lfftw y
>no linka, sin embargo,
>he compilado el main de prueba que hay en el script por separado y compila,
>el error esta en el linkado.

I don't understand you very well. What do you mean? Did the small test
program compile? Did link? Could you execute it? If any of these steps
failed, which were the messages prompted? Note that there are two
different possibilities for fftw: one where the sizeof( fftw_real) is
same as float and another where sizeof( fftw_real ) is double. These two
different library versions have binaries named differently:
libfftw/libsfftw and librfftw/libsrfftw. Since the autoconf script by
default tries to setup fftw usage to single precission float, maybe the
problem is that you lack in your system the corresponding fftw version.

>Aun con el error intento construir el test WaveGenerator:
>make CONFIG=release
>../../Makefile.rules:21: Makefile.vars: No such file or directory
>../../Makefile.rules:22: no file name for `include'
>Generating SOURCES, OBJECTS, DEPENDS and INCLUDES definitions
>../../../build/srcdeps/srcdeps settings.cfg > Makefile.vars
>Could not open config file: ../../../build/system-linux.cfg for reading
>Error: could not include file 'system-linux.cfg' in line
>../../../build/system.cfg:8
>make: *** [Makefile.vars] Error 255

This is pretty logical: if configure doesn't run right the script that
sets up several variables for GNU/Linux environments is not generated.

Miguel.