[CLAM] Transformation modules acting on whole segments...

Francois Thibault francois.thibault at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Feb 17 19:54:19 PST 2004

Hi all,

Is there a way to make transformation module that works on complete
segments? I know for instance SMSMorph as a Do(segment in, segment out)
method but the segment arguments are not a true array of frames, butt
rather a single frame wrapped in a segment shell.

The possibility to transform at the segment level could be useful for
many things, the most obvious example would be to normalize a sound
(requiring the transformation to have access to all frames at once).

I am aware that you can do special things on the last frame using
IsLastFrame() inherited from SMSTransformation but that still does not
make it has the past frames are gone... Has anyone encountered similar
problems? Is there a clean solution to this problem? I am missing
something?

Any help much appreciated
Francois