Fwd: Re: [CLAM] [Fwd: Re: SMS for CNMAT] CLAM on OSX

Ali Momeni amomeni at uclink.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 23 06:45:20 PST 2004

actually, i resaved all the .profile type files, i put the three
libraries right next to CLAM's own folder, and i redid 'autoconf',
and now ./configure gets even further, but still not completely thru.
i get:

>Ali-Momenis-Computer:/Applications/CLAM/CLAM-0.6.0/build ali$ ./configure
>checking system 'darwiness'... yes
>checking pkg-config availability... no
>checking for gcc... gcc
>checking for C compiler default output... a.out
>checking whether the C compiler works... yes
>checking whether we are cross compiling... no
>checking for suffix of executables...
>checking for suffix of object files... o
>checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
>checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
>checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
>checking for fftw headers; looking relative to CLAM... yes
>checking for fftw library...... yes: fftw
>yes
>configure: Checking that Ogg/Vorbis libs are in CLAM sandbox
>checking for ../../oggvorbis/include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h... no
>configure: error: Ogg/Vorbis libraries are not in local CLAM
>Sandbox: follow MacOS X installation instructions
>Ali-Momenis-Computer:/Applications/CLAM/CLAM-0.6.0/build ali$

is this normal?
where are these so called 'MacOS X installation instructions'  :)  ?

after that, trying to compile SMS results in:

>Ali-Momenis-Computer:/Applications/CLAM/CLAM-0.6.0/build/Examples/SMS/Tools
>ali$ make CONFIG=release
>../../../Makefile.rules:21: Makefile.vars: No such file or directory
>../../../Makefile.rules:22: no file name for `include'
>Generating SOURCES, OBJECTS, DEPENDS and INCLUDES definitions
>../../../../build/srcdeps/srcdeps settings.cfg > Makefile.vars
>Could not open config file: ../../../../build/system-macosx.cfg for reading
>Error: could not include file 'system-macosx.cfg' in line
>../../../../build/system.cfg:8
>make: *** [Makefile.vars] Error 255
>Ali-Momenis-Computer:/Applications/CLAM/CLAM-0.6.0/build/Examples/SMS/Tools
>ali$

i assume this is because './configure' didn't run all they way to the end.

hmmmm....
what now?