[CLAM] More installation problems

Simon Dixon simon at oefai.at
Fri Mar 12 12:12:22 PST 2004

Is there any chance CLAM-0.6.0 will install on a stable Debian distribution?
I keep getting stuck with having to find backports of packages.

Do the following error messages indicate that I need a newer libvorbis-dev than
1.0rc3-1 ??   The error messages are not at all clear, as the files all exist in
the standard places (/usr/include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h etc)

Anyway, how can a file be usable but not present?

Thanks,
Simon

configure: Checking that Vorbis I SDK is installed
checking for ov_open in -lvorbisfile... yes
checking for vorbis_encode_init in -lvorbisenc... yes
checking vorbis/vorbisfile.h usability... yes
checking vorbis/vorbisfile.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: vorbis/vorbisfile.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by
the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: vorbis/vorbisfile.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for vorbis/vorbisfile.h... no
checking vorbis/vorbisenc.h usability... yes
checking vorbis/vorbisenc.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: vorbis/vorbisenc.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by
the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: vorbis/vorbisenc.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for vorbis/vorbisenc.h... no
no
configure: error: libvorbisfile.so seems not to be present on your system.
Please install Xiph.org Vorbis I development libraries