[CLAM] Troubles linking SMSTools

f.rampo at libero.it f.rampo at libero.it
Sun May 30 12:33:26 PDT 2004

Hi all again!
Now I have succeeded in installing CLAM (on RedHat 9; the configure script
works fine) but I still can't link SMS Tools (I'm one step from the
goal...). SMS Tools compiles ok but the linking process results in many
"undefined references" to Fl_* and gl*. Can anybody help me?

I guess gl* are OpenGL routines. I'm not familiar with OpenGL; there's
some libGL.so and libGLU.so in /usr/lib (put there by NVIDIA driver
installer, I think): it doesn't work. I also have Mesa3d downloaded,
compiled and installed in /usr/local/lib (LD_LIBRARY_PATH is ok), but it
still doesn't work. What should I do?

Then: are Fl_* undefined references related to FLTK or to
CLAM::Fl_Something classes? Where should I search? (Please note that
"configure" *does* find FLTK and terminates correctly).

Here I allegate config.log, configure's output, the stderr output from SMS
linking, and the listing of /usr/local/lib.
Thank you very much in advance.

Federico Ramponi
<rampo at dei.unipd.it>
Universita` di Padova