[CLAM] setting up CLAM (Xerces and other issues)

Jay LeBoeuf jleboeuf at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jul 28 15:18:21 PDT 2005

Hi Xavier -

> >XERCES
> >My biggest remaining issue is installation of Xerces.
> >I found a redhat binary, but it wasn't clear how I'd actually install it so
> >that the ./configure script would find it.  Any ideas for me?
> >

> If you simply install the binary RH package, the configure script
> should be able to find it in the default location. Have you tried
> simply that? If so, what is the configure message after that?

I downloaded xerces-c_2_6_0-redhat_80-gcc_32  and untarred it in
~/xerces-c_2_6_0-redhat_80-gcc_32

Per the xerces install instructions, I also added that directory to my path.

Once I re-run ./configure, here are some relevant lines :

checking xerces usage specified... yes (default)
checking xerces in sandbox... searching headers
checking xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp for xerces in sandbox... no
checking xerces header(s) found in sandbox... no
checking xerces has pkg-config... no
checking xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp usability... no
checking xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp presence... no
checking for xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp... no
checking xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp for xerces in standard locations... no
checking xerces header(s) found in standard locations... no

Am I placing the Xerces folder in the correct location?
thanks
-Jay