[CLAM] setting up CLAM (Xerces and other issues)

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 28 15:47:05 PDT 2005

As you have not installed the package in a standard system location the
configure script is searching for it in the
sandbox. Try moving the untared folder to the same level you have your
CLAM directory. E.g.

Sandbox/CLAM
Sandbox/xercesc (the contents here)

Jay LeBoeuf wrote:

>Hi Xavier -
>

>>>XERCES
>>>My biggest remaining issue is installation of Xerces.
>>>I found a redhat binary, but it wasn't clear how I'd actually install it so
>>>that the ./configure script would find it.  Any ideas for me?
>>>

>>If you simply install the binary RH package, the configure script
>>should be able to find it in the default location. Have you tried
>>simply that? If so, what is the configure message after that?
>>

>I downloaded xerces-c_2_6_0-redhat_80-gcc_32  and untarred it in
>~/xerces-c_2_6_0-redhat_80-gcc_32
>
>Per the xerces install instructions, I also added that directory to my path.
>
>Once I re-run ./configure, here are some relevant lines :
>
>checking xerces usage specified... yes (default)
>checking xerces in sandbox... searching headers
>checking xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp for xerces in sandbox... no
>checking xerces header(s) found in sandbox... no
>checking xerces has pkg-config... no
>checking xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp usability... no
>checking xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp presence... no
>checking for xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp... no
>checking xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp for xerces in standard locations... no
>checking xerces header(s) found in standard locations... no
>
>Am I placing the Xerces folder in the correct location?
>thanks
>-Jay

 *          Xavier Amatriain   		  *
 *          Research Director 		  *
 *  		  CREATE		  *
 * University of California Santa Barbara *