[CLAM] Linking xerces in .NET

Vegard Sandvold vegard.sandvold at notam02.no
Sat May 14 17:18:08 PDT 2005

Hi Xavier,

On Fri, May 13, 2005 16:54, Xavier Amatriain said:
> Asking for something to make sense in M$'s environments is too much ;)

Tell me about it:-) The only reason I use Visual Studio right now is that
I'm developing a music analysis plugin for Winamp. It feels like swimming
with lead weights strapped to my legs.

> recently had to work a few days with Visual Studio .Net and run into
> similar problems. Most of them, though, are due to the environment not
> realizing that the projects settings have been modified from outside
> (i.e. srcdeps). Usually if you follow this process whenever changing
> settings it will work:
>
> - Close Microsoft.Net
> - Delete any trace of Microsoft in your build directory ;) (I mean
> those .sln and donowhat files that are added there by the environment)
> - run srcdeps from the command prompt
> - Open the newly generated project from the environment
> - Recompile everything

Nope, did not work for me. I removed all project files etc. and ran
srcdeps again. The linker still failes with this kind of error messages
(90 total):

XMLStorage.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual void __thiscall xercesc_2_3::AbstractDOMParser::TextDecl(unsigned
short const * const,unsigned short const * const)"
(?TextDecl at AbstractDOMParser@xercesc_2_3@@UAEXQBG0 at Z)

My workaround is to open the project properties, and in the Linker->Input
dialog add the following to the Additional Dependencies field:

xerces-c_2.lib xerces-c_2D.lib

You'll recognize these as the xerces lib file names. I should mention that
I compile my project as a shared library, if that makes a difference.
Xerces resides in the usual place in the sandbox.

Regards,
Vegard

--
Vegard Sandvold