[CLAM] SMSTools / Network Editor - crashes

Maarten De Boer mdeboer at iua.upf.es
Tue Oct 25 04:41:38 PDT 2005

Hi Jay,

This example first does audio-out only, and second, audio i/o. It seems
that audio-out is working okay, but that opening the device for
simultanous I/O fails (I think SMSTools, for some reason, also opens the
device for I/O, even though this is not necesary).

We don't have a 24/96 here, but I suppose that we try to open the
device in a way that alsa does not like... I will have a look at the
code, and let you know. If you have the time to build and run the
latency.c test from the alsa-lib source code ( test/latency.c), with
different options, and can reproduce this kind of behaviour, that
information would come in helpfull.

maarten