[CLAM] Bug reports

David Garcia Garzon dgarcia at iua.upf.es
Tue Feb 14 06:08:59 PST 2006

A Dimarts 14 Febrer 2006 12:29, Koen Tanghe va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> last week, I quickly wanted to try out some of the CLAM binary
> distributions and encountered this after 1 minute: I did't know if it's
> best to submit this to the mantis bug tracker, but I read several times
> that you like to see bugs being reported on the list too, so here I go (one
> of the developers can probably copy and paste this into mantis in the
> appropriate way). I hope this helps you guys ironing out some things:
>
> (1)
>
> Application:    NetworkEditor.exe
> Platform:       WindowsXP SP2 (hardware details on request)
> Version:        0.3 (using CLAM 0.90)
>     Dragging an ICA block in the network editor makes the application
>     crash completely.
> Reproduction:
>     Reproducible:
>     - start the network editor
>     - drag an ICA block from the tree view into the patch view
>     - crash...
> Crash log:
> --- start ---
> ##########################################################
> ################### ASSERTION FAILED #####################
> ##########################################################
> At file G:\projects\locallibs\include\CLAM/Factory.hxx line 126
> GetCreator invoked with a non existent key : ICA
> Registered keys are:
> ADSR, AudioBuffPlotProcessing, AudioBuffPortMonitor, AudioIn, AudioMixer,
> AudioO
> ut, AudioPlotProcessing, AudioPortMonitor, AutoPanner, ControlMapper,
>  Unable to adquire symbols names for the backtrace
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.
> --- end ---

The ICA algorithm is not included in CLAM because the code was not ours (it
comes from Queen Mary University of London) and we have not solved license
issues yet.

Anyway, it should not appear on the list of available processings. And when
choosed it should not crash. We'll fix that.

> (2)
> Application:    Annotator.exe
> Platform:       WindowsXP SP2 (hardware details on request)
> Version:        0.2 (based on CLAM 0.90)
>     Computing descriptors issues Error dialog:
>     "Error: Unable to launch the extractor.
>      Check that the extractor is well configured and you have permissions
> to run it.
>      The configured command was:
>      ClamExtractorExample
> Reproduction:
>     Reproducible:
>     - start the annotator
>     - open the sample project Project.pro
>     - select one of the 2 example songs in the Song Descriptors tab page
>     - do Songs --> Compute Descriptors
>     - error dialog...

I thought we explicitly tested this use case on Windows and it was working. Is
the extractor installed on the same folder as the sample project? The binary
should be relative to such folder.

Thanks for the reports.

--
David García Garzón <david.garcia at removespam.iua.upf.es>