[CLAM] build problem mac CLAM 0.90

George Tourtellot tourtelt at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 14:43:24 PST 2006

hi Pau,
What I really want is to build code used by Tutorial
and example apps, so I can start learning CLAM.

But typing 'make' in CLAM-0.90.0/examples/Tutorial
gives error:

Makefile:4: ../../unix_tools/make.rules: No such file
or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`../../unix_tools/make.rules'.  Stop.

So I thought building tests might give me info.  I get
errors at step 3) of your instructions.  The error
messages are shown below.

> 1. cd to CLAM/build/srcdeps and 'make'
> 2. cd to CLAM/build and do 'autoconf' and
> './configure'
> 3. cd to CLAM/build/Tests/UnitTests and 'make
> depend', 'export
> CONFIG=debug' and 'make'
> That should compile the automatic (unit) tests.

at step 3) I get error messages:

Generating SOURCES, OBJECTS, DEPENDS and INCLUDES
definitions
../../../build/srcdeps/srcdeps settings.cfg >
Makefile.vars
settings = settings.cfg
srcfile = (null)
verbose = false
progress = true

srcdeps: error: configuration specifies USE_FFTW=1,
but HAS_FFTW!=1
make: *** [depend] Error 255

(even though I have all the *fftw* files in
/usr/local/lib/)

George