[CLAM] Re: CLAM: Compile problem with fftw

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Oct 30 22:00:24 PST 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:11:49 +0100
Gregor van den Boogaart <gregor.boogaart at informatik.uni-augsburg.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to install CLAM and get into problems with mit fftw
> installation. I have configured fftw with the options:
> ./configure --enable-float --enable-sse --enable-shared --enable-type-prefix
>
> and get the following files installed:
> in /usr/local/lib:
> libfftw3f.a
> libfftw3f.la
> libfftw3f.so
> and in /usr/local/include:
> fftw3.f
> fftw3.h
>
> Of course configuring CLAM now fails with the message:
> Checking for C header file sfftw.h... no
> Could not find fftw library headers...!
> Install the library or deactivate its usage issuing the following command:
> $ scons with_fftw=no
>
> So, what can I do? Where do You get the sfftw.h from?
>
> I'm using a linux system (currently Opensuse 10.1).
>
> Thank You very much for Your help and time in advance.
> Regards,
> Gregor van den Boogaart
>

> --

> Dipl.-Ing. Gregor van den Boogaart
> Lehrstuhl für Multimedia Computing
> Institut für Informatik, Universität Augsburg
> Eichleitnerstr. 30, Raum 309
> D-86159 Augsburg, Germany
> email: boogaart at multimedia-computing.org
> http://www.multimedia-computing.org
> http://www.informatik.uni-augsburg.de
> phone: +49 (821) 598-4334
> fax:   +49 (821) 598-4329

The problem is that CLAM still uses fftw2 which is source incompatible with the one you are trying to compile: fftw3.

We are planning to migrate fftw3 some time soon as it is faster and more acurate, but we do not have any schedule for that.

So, the solution to your problem: Install fftw 2 instead. There are some packages available on the standard OpenSuSe package repository. So you should be able install it just by using YaST.

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse/i586/fftw-2.1.5-17.i586.rpm
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse/i586/fftw-devel-2.1.5-17.i586.rpm

Please, report us any other problem or success.

BTW, the CLAM features shown on the ACM-MM demo and on the development screenshots have been not published yet. So if you are looking for them, please don't get dissapointed ;-) We can publish a development source snapshot if you want to try it.

Regards.
David Garcia.

believed to be clean.