[CLAM] Fwd: Alsa dependency problem on FC5

Luyi Chen lychen1109 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 00:50:58 PDT 2007

Repost to the new address

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Luyi Chen <lychen1109 at gmail.com>
Date: Apr 21, 2007 3:10 PM
Subject: Alsa dependency problem on FC5
To: clam at iua.upf.es

Hi,

I am installing CLAM on fedora 5. I downloaded rpm packages from
official site. I used the following command to install the packages:

yum localinstall clam-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm

I expected some packages will not be in yum depository. Here's what I
am getting:

Error: Missing Dependency: alsa is needed by package clam
Error: Missing Dependency: jack is needed by package clam
Error: Missing Dependency: libmad.so.0 is needed by package clam
Error: Missing Dependency: mad is needed by package clam
Error: Missing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by package clam

Regarding the first error it shows alsa is missing on my system. So I
check the following commend:

yum list installed | grep alsa
alsa-lib.i386                            1.0.14-0.1.rc1.fc5     installed
alsa-utils.i386                          1.0.14-0.1.rc1.fc5     installed

There're a few other alsa packages in yum depository. But I think the
problem is even I installed all alsa related packages via yum, it
won't solve the problem.

Should I install alsa from source code? Any advice?

Luyi