[CLAM] Fwd: Alsa dependency problem on FC5

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Sat Apr 21 11:47:44 PDT 2007

En/na Luyi Chen ha escrit:

> I am installing CLAM on fedora 5. I downloaded rpm packages from
> official site. I used the following command to install the packages:
>
> yum localinstall clam-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm
>
> I expected some packages will not be in yum depository. Here's what I
> am getting:
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: alsa is needed by package clam
> Error: Missing Dependency: jack is needed by package clam
> Error: Missing Dependency: libmad.so.0 is needed by package clam
> Error: Missing Dependency: mad is needed by package clam
> Error: Missing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by package clam
>
> Regarding the first error it shows alsa is missing on my system. So I
> check the following commend:
>
> yum list installed | grep alsa
> alsa-lib.i386                            1.0.14-0.1.rc1.fc5     installed
> alsa-utils.i386                          1.0.14-0.1.rc1.fc5     installed

you need alsa-lib-devel

and these unnofficial pakages:
libmad-devel (from lvn5) jack-audio-connection-kit-devel (from rhfc5.ccrma)

this info can be found in the INSTALL file
http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/trunk/CLAM/INSTALL
and in the FC6 download this there is this file with the concrete
unofficial packages we used:
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/linux-fc6/external-rpm-origin.txt

i hope that helps

pau