[CLAM] synthesizing SMS models in Pd

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 13:55:09 PST 2007

Okay, I didn't think of looking for the overlap size by checking the
timestamps, but that seems obvious now.. thanks!  I have found there are
many things preventing the SDIF files from being used in real-time (such as
the 1TRC frames not containing birth and death information).  So I am
already buffering the data in a format that can be used in real-time, so
finding the overlap before sysnthesis-time shouldn't be a problem.

However, I do not see the 1WIN matrix within the SMS-produced files.  I
assumed it is a triangle window with an overlap factor of 2 (this is the
default settings in SMSTools), but of course this can be changed, in which
case I would not know how to find the windowing function.  But I tried these
settings without success (in comparison to SMSTools-produced residual
sound), so I am still looking for the correct ones.
cheers,
rich