[CLAM] Creating a minimal processing object

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 4 21:41:56 PDT 2007

Hi Alex,

First of all, this kind of question I guess is better suited to the
clam-devel list. Although in CLAM users and developers
are hard to distinguish we usually tend to have all "code-related"
discussions in that list, leaving this one for announcements,
install problems, applications...

In any case (and with copy to the devel list) ...

Alex Norman wrote:
> Second, if I want to build a processing object like this one:
> http://www.clam.iua.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Creating_a_minimal_processing_object
>
> [except changing the port types to CLAM::Audio and including the appropriate
> header]
>
> how do I do that?  I see that I cannot simply place my hxx and cxx files in the
> Processing dir and run scons from the CLAM dir...

Why not? That should work as long as you place your files in any of the
paths specified in CLAM/scons/libs/processing but...
> I want to make an object and use it with the NetworkEditor..

In that case, and in order to avoid continuous compilation of the clam
libs, we strongly encourage developers
to place their new Processing files in the NetworkEditor/src/processing
folder.
> Eventually I'm going to try to make an object that uses Aubio to detect beats

Yes!!!