[CLAM] Oscillator

Bad Data djr4g3 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 13:59:42 PDT 2007

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how the Oscillator class is supposed to work. Using the NetworkEditor, when I drag one onto the workspace and connect it directly to an AudioSnk, nothing gets output, whereas doing the same with a SimpleOscillator, the sine wave is heard.
What kind of signal is required to be connected to the two audio inputs that an Oscillator has?
It appears as though it only works if a Phase Modulation input is present. Is this how it is supposed to work? I assumed that it would work like a SimpleOscillator, but with modulation by audio possibilities.

James