[CLAM] building on windows.

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri Sep 28 09:28:52 PDT 2007

After having a lot of problems trying to have a reproducible VisualC
environment, we dropped VC support in CLAM version 1.1, in favor of mingw. In
fact, one of the reasons was that we were having problem with the static
objects we use to intitialize processings factory. They should be working
perfectly with wine. To my suprise you seem to have the same problem (not
being able to create some processing types) with precompiled 1.1.0 version of
the NetEditor available on the web which was already compiled with mingw.

We are currently moving to a new office. So we can not test the binaries to
check what's happening. Just to be sure, try one of the latest svnsnapshots
at:
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/win/svnsnapshots/

I just tested the latest snapshot under wine (windows emulation under linux)
and the creation of processing modules worked pretty well.

About the compilations errors you say, it is better that you copy and paste
them so we can tell you something about them. If you did modifications to the
source code to get it compiled we would be glad if you send them to the list.

David.

El Friday 28 September 2007 08:26:58 Ali-Akber Saifee va escriure: