[CLAM] network editor crashes under WinXp

Pau Arumí Albó parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Apr 16 01:04:47 PDT 2008

El dc 16 de 04 del 2008 a les 01:48 +0300, en/na Uğur Güney va escriure:
> # Hi!
> # I was writing a fundamental frequency analysis software. But
> encountered with CLAM and saw how futile my program was :-)
> # I downloaded the network editor, CLAM-NetworkEditor-1.2.0_setup.exe,
> from stable releases / windows binaries:
> http://www.clam.iua.upf.edu/download/win/
> # I installed it to a folder: i:\CLAM\NetworkEditor
> # When I start the NetworkEditor.exe it gives several warning messages
> like: "The application or DLL
> i:\CLAM\NetworkEditor\lib\clam\audioswitch.def is not a valid Windows
> image. Please check this against your installation diskette" and same
> message for the following files: audioswitch.lib,
> automaticgaincontrol.def and .lib, dcremoval.def and .lib,
> guitardistortion.def and .lib, plugins_continuous_excitation_synth.def
> and .lib, plugins_osc_source.def and .lib, plugins_spacialization.def
> and .lib, plugins_speech.def and .lib. Then a console prompt and the
> CLAM Network Editor opens.

Hi Ugur,
try the newer 1.2.1 svn-snapshot (not official release) version of
Network Editor, these warnings should be gone
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/win/svnsnapshots/

> # If I put an AudioSource and an AudioSink object, and connect them
> and click run. It works okay. I can hear when I talk to microphone.
> # But when I try to add another object like SMSanalysis or
> SpectralAnalysis, the program crashes with the following error:
>
> AppName: networkeditor.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: clam_processing.dll
> ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: 0017a0ba

Begin trying the (SMS related) networks in example-data/ (e.g.
SMSTransposition). Does they work in your windows?

Cheers,
Pau