[CLAM] Multiple jack clients

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Sun Jul 20 10:11:54 PDT 2008

On dg, 2008-07-20 at 18:37 +0200, David García Garzón wrote:
> On Diumenge 20 Juliol 2008, Pau Arumí wrote:

> > > This is a known bug we introduced when trying to solve a different one,
> > > Previous bug made the jack client being eventually invalidated so that
> > > you couldn't reuse it for a new play. We solved it by creating a new
> > > client when the previous client died. The problems seems to be that clam
> > > seems to think that the client died every time. A review of the whole
> > > jack support should be done because other problems exist.
> > >
> > > The bug is that grave that it should be addressed before the next release
> > > but for the short term we have other priorities and we cannot address it
> > > right now. Being open source, any patch solving the problem is welcome.
> > >
> > > David.
> >
> > I can not reproduce this (here I have jackd 0.109.2 protocol 22, Ubuntu
> > Hardy).
> > Carlos, what version do you have? Can you check it it persists when
> > running jackd with the dummy driver?
>
> Same version here. I can reproduce it. Just play, connect, stop the network
> and then start it again. You'll get several clam clients (the old one
> irresponsive)

Yes this play-stop-play was what I was checking. I've checked again and
I have an interesting result: with jackd with the dummy I never get new
clients. with alsa (default device) driver i get duplications _randomly_
(most times behaves correctly).
So it makes me think it might be related to the client surpassing a
timeout when trying to reconnect to the server. Makes sense?