[CLAM] Writing Control Data to a File in Network Editor

Uğur Güney ugurguney at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 02:17:23 PDT 2008

# Thanks for reply!

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:40 AM, David García Garzón
<dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> ControlPrinter can be configured in order to printout the numbers into stdout,
> but you are likely get a lot of other messages mixed in. The better option is
> to code a new processing very like the ControlPrinter but instead of writing
> the values into stdout it would write the values to a given file you could
> configure adding an OutFilename field to the configuration. There is also a
> processing called ControlTrace that does that in a given xml format but i
> don't think that that one is convenient to you.
>
> Suggested readings:
> http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Building_a_processing_library
> http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Creating_a_minimal_processing_object
> http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Processings_with_controls
> http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Processings_with_configuration

# Thanks for your instructions. I switched to Linux now to be able to
easily write my own FileWriterControl.
# After reading your mail, I realized that the Network Editor is just
one application written with CLAM Framework. The idea of CLAM is its
extensibility by writing my own processing classes?

> BTW, have you compiled from source in Windows? We didn't received that many
> users in windows reporting any success or problems with native compilation.
> And is a process we do not perform either. How have the process worked for
> you?

# Actually, I downloaded the latest stable binary of Network Editor
for Windows from SVN and played with it. I will write a simple
application for fundamental frequency detection of some Turkish
traditional instruments database. I am using now Linux to test the
system and its abilities but at the end of the day I want that my
program will run under Windows too. (because my instructor and most of
my friends are using Windows) Do I need to be able to compile CLAM
under Windows?
-ugur-