[CLAM] Writing Control Data to a File in Network Editor

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Mon Jul 28 02:45:43 PDT 2008

On dl, 2008-07-28 at 12:17 +0300, Uğur Güney wrote:
> # Thanks for reply!
>
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:40 AM, David García Garzón
> <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> > ControlPrinter can be configured in order to printout the numbers into stdout,
> > but you are likely get a lot of other messages mixed in. The better option is
> > to code a new processing very like the ControlPrinter but instead of writing
> > the values into stdout it would write the values to a given file you could
> > configure adding an OutFilename field to the configuration. There is also a
> > processing called ControlTrace that does that in a given xml format but i
> > don't think that that one is convenient to you.
> >
> > Suggested readings:
> > http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Building_a_processing_library
> > http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Creating_a_minimal_processing_object
> > http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Processings_with_controls
> > http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Processings_with_configuration
>
> # Thanks for your instructions. I switched to Linux now to be able to
> easily write my own FileWriterControl.
> # After reading your mail, I realized that the Network Editor is just
> one application written with CLAM Framework. The idea of CLAM is its
> extensibility by writing my own processing classes?

Yes. Specially by creating processing libraries (aka plugin libraries).
See the wiki link.

> > BTW, have you compiled from source in Windows? We didn't received that many
> > users in windows reporting any success or problems with native compilation.
> > And is a process we do not perform either. How have the process worked for
> > you?
>
> # Actually, I downloaded the latest stable binary of Network Editor
> for Windows from SVN and played with it. I will write a simple

Ok, I guess you mean you downloaded the last svn-snapshot installer.
When we say "from svn" we use to mean the "code repository".

> application for fundamental frequency detection of some Turkish
> traditional instruments database. I am using now Linux to test the
> system and its abilities but at the end of the day I want that my
> program will run under Windows too. (because my instructor and most of
> my friends are using Windows) Do I need to be able to compile CLAM
> under Windows?

If you want to distribute a Windows binary, you have to compile CLAM
under Windows (or crosscompile it from Linux, which actually is how we
build the distributed installers).
Though we try to document both ways (native and cross compilation) at
the wiki* I warn you that building for Windows is much more complex (and
requires more skills) than building for Linux, where all the library
dependencies and build tools are ready as distribution packages.

Cheers,
Pau

*
http://iua-share.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel/Windows_MinGW_build