[CLAM] note/chord scoring

Jean-Luc Menut jeanluc.menut at free.fr
Mon Dec 5 06:27:48 PST 2011

Hello all,

Inspired by Rocksmith (http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/home/)
and JamOrigin tools (http://www.jamorigin.com/main/), I was wondering
how difficult it could be to implement, with clam, a system of "scoring"
single notes and chords made by a guitar plugged on a computer (without
any effect added).

The goal would be to display notes/chords to a player, to record him,
and to compare the recording to what was supposed to be played to know
if it was correct or not.

It seems to be easier than recognize chords from a song because 1) there
is no other instrument/voice/effect playing at the same time 2) we know
what is supposed to be played.

Any opinion or advice is welcome

best regards,
Jean-Luc

PS : If you aware of another framework/library more suitable for my
needs, I'm also interested.