[CLAM] Is this project still active (and still no Lucid packages)?

David García Garzón david.garcia at barcelonamedia.org
Fri Feb 11 12:05:05 PST 2011

On Monday 07 February 2011 17:38:30 Pau Arumí wrote:
> El ds 05 de 02 de 2011 a les 13:29 +0100, en/na Mark Dammer va escriure:
> > I just stumbled across CLAM and find the website and the software very
> > inspiring. But I wonder if this project is still under active
> > development. The fact that there are still no packages for Ubuntu
> > 10.04LTS "Lucid" - what was discussed in the mailing lists since almost
> > a year ago makes me wonder if this project is still under active
> > development.
> > thanks for any update, Mark
>
> Hi Mark,
> yes the project is well active. However the svn log is a better
> thermometer of activity than the web or mailing list.
> Lead developers/maintainers are working at BarcelonaMedia and using clam
> extensively for prototyping their real-time systems. Therefore the main
> activity is in the networks real-time infrastructure (including ladspa
> and lv2 plugins), the NetworkEditor and python modules to generate and
> modify networks.
> Though most of the signal processing we develop at BM nowadays about
> spatial audio is kept private, the CLAM infrastructure improvements are
> always public and GPL.
>
> About Ubuntu packages: David is your man i wait him to answer.
>
> Cheers,

I am currently working on having ubuntu packages for maverick based on
subversion snapshots. Once they are ready, at your request, i will try to
backport them to lucid, but no warranty: last time i tried i found some show
stopper dependency problems. I just don't want to expend too much time on that
again, sorry.

We are few developers and package building steal too much hours from
developing the framework and its applications, which should be our main focus
between releases. While we provide some binaries when we do a new release,
packaging for every platform/distro/version should be something that people
working on those platforms do.

If you want to help but you can't maintain the packages yourself, please, file
or vote bug reports for you distro asking for maintained CLAM packages.
Thanks.

As i have the packages I will send a new mail to the list.

David.