[Clam-devel] Bye, vmqt. Please test it in windows and mac

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Apr 2 07:40:07 PDT 2007

On Dilluns 02 Abril 2007, Daniel wrote:
> > We need urgent multiplatform testing as the testfarm server is down due
> > to hw
> > problems. Check the last item on the commit log below.
>
> I'm desperately looking forward getting CLAM compiled  under windows.
> Ubuntu  went flawless, but  under windows (mingw32(qt4 under win)) no good
> so far.

Although it would be nice having CLAM compiled on mingw (a long term wish), we
are currenly using a patched version of qt4 for visual studio. See qtnode
wiki:
http://qtnode.net/wiki/Qt4_with_Visual_Studio

Anyway if you send us the error messages or the point were you get stalled,
maybe we can help you in some way to have it compilied in mingw.

> Bruno Eichler discussed the details some days ago.
> Now I thougt about getting all your config files and library versions from
> the test farm, since you have to access it anyway due to h/w problems.
> Maybe I can diff and find my mistakes.
> I would try a port to cygwin also if it was promising achievement..

Sadly we are at home and we cannot bring the testfarm up. Pau also said that
he was about setting up a virtual windows installation on his office PC to
build the windows version. But this was at the office and i thing he is also
at home most of this week. So, please, be patient.

My call for multiplatform build was mostly for mac developers, and for Xavier
who i think has a working windows setup, but he is away for eastern hollydays
too.

(Home) vokimon at telefonica adot net