[Clam-devel] new patch

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Mon Jun 11 11:13:36 PDT 2007

En/na Greg Kellum ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> So, I figured out why I was having those strange bus errors last
> week...  I had left some OutPortPublisher instance variables in my new
> processing, and even though I never called their publish method, they
> were still showing up in the list of OutPorts returned by the
> OutPortManager.  And as I had never actually connected them to real
> OutPorts, that caused some problems...

that is good news! however maybe you found a chance to add an
assert to capture that programming error in a proper way. it would
be very good if you can add such assert.

> Anyway, I have a new patch with a working example file.  The audio file
> I was using to test this can be found at:
> http://www.gregkellum.com/temp/EBow_Guitar_A4_RS.aif
> <http://www.gregkellum.com/temp/EBow_Guitar_A4_RS.aif>  For some reason
> the resynthesis doesn't actually sound very good...  I don't have good
> enough speakers here at the MTG to be sure why, but I'm guessing that

are you using the default configuration for both smsanalysiscore
and smssynthesis? this should work, but if you modify one config
the other probably should also be modified.

have you checked if smsanalysis->smssynthesis in networkeditor
sounds ok?

> either I'm not overlapping the windows properly or that the sinusoids
> need to be interpolated between frames.  Is there a class in CLAM that
> performs an interpolating additive resynthesis?

i don't think interpolation is needed here. but let's look into it
in detail tomorrow when we meet.

pau